Tuesday, January 08, 2008

WYSIWYG editor

Yes, I know. WYSIWYG - must die, and textpattern, textile - rules forever ;-)

But how I can explain it to my clients? I have no idea ;-(

Secretary, blondes doesn't understand style "**bold**". But drag-n-play - is rules for them.

So, it's small catalog of WYSIWYG editor, which we can use in our project.

TinyMCE

FCKEditor

SPAW editor

Xihna

My choice - FCKEDitor. It's large editor, but good license, Image/File browser - present.
TinyMCE - non browser inluded. MCFileManager - 50 euro. But, TinyMCE good choice, if you want Copy-Paste table from MS Word. No bugs, no error.

SPAW Editor - I don't like license and price. And, as I remember - Image/File browser absent.

Xihna - Image browser present, but I don't see preview in Image browser dialog.

Do you know some separated Image/File browser (free) who can be easy connecting with TinyMCE, or normal Word Copy-Paste plugin for FCKEditor?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger snowdog said...

with tinyMCE you can use a nice plugin to upload and manage images - ibrowser. It is free and works really smooth.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Владислав said...

Thank you! I'll try this manager.

Did you find my English skill normal for understanding?

5:01 AM  
Blogger snowdog said...

sure, no problems at all :)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home